At St Thomas', we wear our uniform with pride.
School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the school and setting an appropriate tone for learning and behaviour. Uniform can instill pride, support positive behaviour and encourage identity with our school family. Our school uniform is designed to be smart, practical and affordable. The 'branded' school uniform items - school jumpers and cardigans, ties and sports hoodies, can be purchased from: Top Marque, 7A Park Rd, Lytham Saint Annes FY8 1QX. Other items of the school uniform are available to buy in many clothing shops and supermarkets. Our PTFA also organised a Second hand uniform sale. The dates and times of this will be well advertised to parents through our normal channels.
As we have over 200 children wearing the almost the same clothing, we ask that all school uniform is marked clearly with your child’s full name, as these items can easily get mislaid or mixed up!
REMINDER: School Uniform & PE Kit Alterations for September 2023
Governors have decided that from September 2023 we will no longer use the ‘elasticated’ ties. This is because over time they lose their elasticity and don’t always look as smart as we would like. From September, children may wear either a full tie or a clip on tie. These are already available from our Uniform supplier – Top Marque.
We have also made some slight changes to our PE kit: all pupils can wear trainers for PE, not black PE pumps. Trainers are far easier to run in – and stay on better when moving around. It is also easier for families to find trainers in the shops part way through the school year if/when your child’s feet have grown (again!) We also remind you that the white t-shirt and blue shorts are the only compulsory parts of PE kit and need to be work when doing PE indoors. The hoody and joggers are optional and are good for warmth when doing outdoor PE.
A summary of our uniform requirements (for full information, please refer to our Uniform Policy below)
- Blue V neck pullover or cardigan, branded with red stripe and school logo
- Grey tailored trousers, shorts, skirt, pinafore or culottes
- White shirt with a ‘stiff’ button-up collar (long or short sleeved)
- A school tie with red and white stripe – this may be a clip on version or a full tie
- Plain grey or white socks either ankle or knee length or grey tights
As an optional alternative during the summer months, pupils may choose to wear:
- Royal or pale blue gingham dress/culottes
- Sensible plain black shoes. No trainers, no heels, no boots.
- Wellington boots are required for children in Reception class all year round. Children in other year groups will need these for their time in Forest School and taking part in the Outdoor Curriculum. (The particualr terms will be advised)
- White T Shirt with round neck (required)
- Royal blue shorts (required)
- Trainers (required)
These items of our PE kit are optional:
- Plain black joggers (optional)
- Blue hoody with school logo (optional)
- Black base layer leggings under blue shorts (optional)
- Children wear their full PE kit and trainers on their PE days
- Earrings - only plain gold or silver studs can be worn. These must be removed or covered with plaster or surgical tape supplied from home for PE and sporting events. No other jewellery is permitted.
- Small wristwatches can be worn. Analogue watches (with hands) are best to help children with learning to tell the time. Smart watches are not allowed.
- Footwear for all children should be smart, black sensible school shoes, preferably not slip on style shoes for girls as they slip off very easily
- No trainers or pumps (unless with PE kit)
- No make up
- No dyed hair
- No patterns cut into hair
- Hair must be tied back
- No nail varnish
- No polo shirts with a 'soft' collar
- No boots including ankle boots
- No trainer socks (unless with PE kit)
Click here to read our School Uniform and Appearance policy